STASA has been setup by key players in the Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) industry in response to the current challenges in the Renewable Energy (RE) market in South Africa and to boost solar development across Southern Africa.
STASA’s mandate is to achieve the follow
- Fair representation of all CSP industry players in Southern Africa;
- The advancement of CSP technology and its inclusion into the generation mix in South Africa (Integration Resource Plan [IRP]);
- Lobbying of key shareholders to ensure the benefits of CSP projects are realised in Southern Africa;
- Engagement with other associations including SAREC to build a powerful voice for the industry, and the wider community;
- To ensure the sustainability of the CSP industry in the RE development landscape;
- Ensure outstanding PPA’s are signed and bid projects announced.
The South African Energy Storage Association, “SAESA”, is dedicated to guiding policies for the accessibility of storage projects toward the advancement of the energy storage industry in South Africa.
VISION & MISSION
- To guide policy to allow for the accessibility of storage projects;
- To advocate and advance the energy storage industry in SA;
- To create a more resilient, accessible, efficient, sustainable, and affordable energy system in Africa;
- To educate stakeholders, advocate for public policies, accelerate energy storage growth, and add value to the energy storage industry.